MileBug - Mile Tracker & Log app for iPhone and iPad
7792 ratings )
Current version: 3.5.5
, last update: 5 months ago
First release : 19 Aug 2008
App size: 41.9 Mb
Track your trips, increase your 2018 deduction!
MileBug is the reliable GPS mile tracker that makes it easy to track your trips and related expenses so you get the tax deduction you deserve.
• Hit #1 in Finance (U.S. - January 2017)
• “5 Apps Your Accountant is Begging You to Have in 2015″ - Smart Hustle Magazine
• Businessweek lists MileBug as 1 of 4 Tax Record Services (April 2013)
• "Milebug saves you time and money; and is a MUST have for any business owner." -- iReviewiPhoneApps
• Easily export drive reports to excel or spreadsheets using CSV forms
• Easily email your drive reports
• NEW MileBug Cloud using Google Firebase ($1.99 IAP)
• iTunes File Sharing - Save a drive data file to your computer. You can restore it to the same or new device even if your phone is lost or damaged.
• Get $5.45 in deductions for every 10 business miles tracked in 2018.
• Save on battery life over other mile trackers that are constantly running
• No expensive monthly tracking fee
• Track trip related expenses for even more tax savings
• Full GPS path tracking (w/MAP DISPLAY)
• This GPS mile tracker drops a pin on the map view every 1/10 mile (approx). Edit the trip by dragging pins.
• Create custom categories for drive purposes
DEMO TRAINING VIDEO
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Track miles/km for MULTIPLE businesses
• Track miles/km for MULTIPLE charities
• Track miles/km for "Medical" or even "Other"
• Create your own expense categories
• Tracks your trips using GPS (full path on map)
• Data backup via MileBug Cloud ($1.99 IAP)
• Data backup via iTunes File Sharing
• INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT: km/miles, custom rates, etc.
• Use Frequent Trips to save time
• Setup multiple vehicles...and name them!
• Custom Field per Trip, sortable in reports (e.g. client, project, etc)
• Odometer screen updates when changing vehicles
• Automatically opens to Edit for incomplete trip
• Designed to be IRS compliant
• Setup frequent destinations and purposes for easy use later
• Easily edit/delete/reorder Presets (see blog for more info: milebug.com)
• Email HTML and Excel-friendly (CSV) reports
• Define date range of each report
• See report totals by business and vehicle
• Presets allow for trip recording with simple finger taps
• Clear Trips List when you want a fresh start
• See the deduction amount for each trip
• Incomplete trip badge on home screen icon
• Intuitive native iPhone/iPad interface
• Choose start screen in Settings
• How few miles will it take you to pay for MileBug?
SEE OUR BLOG: www.milebug.com (leave comments!)
"MileBug is a mileage tracker for your iPhone or iPod Touch that makes it super easy to. . .track your mileage. This is great if you need to report your mileage to your boss. . .the [IRS]. . .or for any personal reasons." -- App Store Apps
"Milebug saves you time and money; and is a MUST have for any business owner." -- iReviewiPhoneApps
IRS tax deduction rates are 54.5 cents/mile for 2018! Take advantage of these rates by keeping track of the miles you drive for your businesses, for charities, or for personal medical reasons. With MileBug, it’s never been easier to make a trip log!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Cellular data plan or WiFi required for proper use of GPS
Pros and cons of MileBug - Mile Tracker & Log app for iPhone and iPad
MileBug - Mile Tracker & Log app good for
Ive tried multiple mileage apps.
This one by far is the easiest to use.
The notification badge is a premium, making sure you close out trips correctly.
Two thumbs up!
Very useful app which I use every day.
Usefull reports for accountability.
Awesome app- used it for YEARS now. Depend on it- simple entry flow, spits out regular accounting records. Great!
This app has helped to keep my travel expenses organized and the spreadsheet reports go straight to my accountant, its so simple to use!
The best way of keeping track. Extremely easy to manipulate. This is the 2nd year of using it, and its helped in taxes as well!
Very happy with the app in tracking my business and personal mileage and generating reports.
One annoying thing is when switching from personal to business use the last location is not retained. If that is updated with the next version, 5 stars.
Some bad moments
Well, I have been using mile bug for over two years. During that time, it has been reliable. However, this new update has completely broken the odometer and it is impossible to enter trips on this app at the moment, even with the suggested notepad fix on their blog. I am searching for a new app now, because I cant afford not to track my mileage on a reliable platform, and despite having emailed them, I think they have other priorities over the holidays. Get it together!
The free ones seem to be better than a $3 app. It turns the gps off at random and isnt easy to use
I downloaded this app today to try out while I was making some sales calls. Drove over 65 miles before the app crashes and I lost all my trip data. I restarted it drove another 45 miles and it did it again. Im going with different app.
I will often start a trip, type in my starting mileage. Then upon arriving at the end of my trip, I got to type in end mileage, only to find the entire entry has disappeared. This is a serious bug that needs to be addressed to make this app worthwhile.
I cannot find my 2015 driving logs. Absolutely fuming. Whats the point of logging miles if they disappear?
It repeated many trips, as in the same one was listed on the same day many times each time I backed it up from the cloud. I emailed them & something like "youll receive a response in 24-48 hours" yet its been that long and I havent received a response... theeen, Everything Id entered disappeared! Yes, disappeared!!!!! I deleted it a few times then just now some trips show up from Jan-March 2015 & out of order, but Id entered all the way to August. Yeah, I bought this to finish my 2015 taxes & have it all listed easily. It has done nothing but sucked for the last month... get something else!
What I said previously, before I bought the cloud back up:
The rate now often coming up is annoying but overall a great app!
Is prefer to have each address saved under a name or "easy reference" title rather than just the address. Also, it would be Smart & Awesome of them to have the default starting address be the one that was entered just prior since if we have to change it, wed have to do the same movements anyway (its not wasting any time if they did do that) and it could actually save input time!
Overall, its pretty straightforward once you get the hang of the few steps to do before beginning the trip. I liken it to making coffee.. You learn the few steps then it becomes habit. :)
business expense tracker,
gps log lite,
trips - gps trip log,
and other. So, download free MileBug - Mile Tracker & Log .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually MileBug - Mile Tracker & Log iOS app used & searched for